POTENTIAL TORT OR RELATED LEGAL CLAIMS FROM ARMENIAN GENOCIDE CONNECTED WORDS OR ACTS TARGETING TURKISH AMERICANS SIGNIFICANTLY BECAUSE OF THEIR HERITAGE
(A single event may produce multiple legal claims that are not mutually exclusive)
- Assault: Creating reasonable fear of an imminent unconsented touching or physical battery.
- Defamation: Words identifying you as an individual as guilty of genocide or other crime.
- Battery: A physical punching or beating or fisticuffs.
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress: Using outrageous words or engaging in outrageous behavior intended to cause you extreme psychological or emotional distress.
- Interference with prospective business advantage: Urging others to boycott your business because of your Turkish heritage.
- False imprisonment: Causing you to stay at home by threats of assault or battery or other adversity if you leave.
- Stalking: Following you in a way that causes you reasonably to fear for your safety or cause harassment or intimidation.
- Racial discrimination in employment or contracting: Refusing to hire, promote, or discharge from employment based significantly on Turkish American heritage or refusing to contract with you for goods or services because of anti-Turkish American racial bigotry.
COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF
TURKISH ANTI-DEFAMATION ALLIANCE (TADA), a tax-exempt non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of Internal Revenue Code, on behalf of TADA Members John Does and Jane Roes Nos. 1-113, individual persons,
LOS ANGELES COUNTY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, and in their official capacities only School Board President Ms. Kelly Gonez, and School Board Members Dr. George J. McKenna, III, Ms. Monica Garcia, Mr. Scott Schmerelson, Mr. Nick Melvoin, Ms. Jackie Goldberg, and Ms. Tanya Ortiz Franklin,
STATUS UPDATE ON LAUSD CASE: WE HAVE NOT CANCELLED A LAWSUIT CHALLENGING THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE REMEMBRANCE DAY SCHOOL HOLIDAY. WE HAVE ADAPTED THE TIMING OF THE SUIT TO OPTIMALLY ALIGN WITH IMMINENT OR ACTUAL PROVABLE CONCRETE INJURY TO TURKISH AMERICAN PLAINTIFFS PLAUSIBLY CAUSED BY THE SCHOOL HOLIDAY.
PERSONS WHO HAVE ASSERTED OR INSINUATED THAT WE HAVE ABANDONED THE LAWSUIT ARE SEEKING TO DECEIVE YOU FOR ULTERIOR MOTIVE
Like all organizations, TADA will defend itself, by employing all avenues of legal redress, against defamatory, derogatory, deceitful, or misleading statements made directly or to third parties intended to impair or handicap its operations.
Dec 16 2021 To LAUSD School BoardDec 16 2021 LAUSD Statement
Dec 30 2020 To LAUSD School Boardlausdletdec30